Fall 2010 Daniel: Living in ExileDaniel and His friends were living in exile in Babylon. Far away from their true home in Israel. And the Bible says that's true of all Christians. 1 Peter 1:1 says that Christians are elect exiles — or some translations say "resident Aliens or sojourners in this world" (1 Peter 1:1)—People who belong to God/ are part of the family of God/ Kingdom of God, yet they're aliens in this world. So how do you live as exiles in this world? Do we sit and wait for Jesus to return? Do we retreat into our holy huddle on campus? Do we try to take over the campus? Do we assimilate and act just like people on campus? Should we be for the culture or against it or what? How should you live while in exile from your true home?
That's the topic for this semester. Check back after the first large group meeting for audio.
- Spring 2013 Minor Prophets: Spiritual Heart Surgeons
- Fall 2012 Relating, Dating, and Mating
- Spring 2012 Proverbs: Wisdom For Living
- Fall 2011: Mark- Jesus in the Center
- Spring 2011 Titus: Sound Doctrine, Sound Living
- Fall 2010 Daniel: Living in Exile
- Spring 2009 Psalms: Cries of the Soul
- Fall 2009 "Christianity Is..."
- Spring 2008 Gospel of John: Knowing the Real Jesus
- Fall 2008 Ephesians: True Christian Unity
- Fall 2007 "Dating, Sex, and the Bible"